|Date||Winning Ticket #||Prize Paid||Winner Name|
|Wednesday, November 8||A 487518||$16,745||Unclaimed|
|Thursday, November 9||B 335639||$45,295||Rod Fells|
|Friday, November 10||C 481160||$34,567.50||Manie Tavares|
|Saturday, November 11 – Matinee||D 172968||$22,870||Unclaimed|
|Saturday, November 11 – Evening||E 414583||$79,542.50||Kaylei Morton|
|Sunday, November 12||F 440460||$28,875||Richard Neys|
1. Licensee: The 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be conducted by the 50/50 Licensee pursuant to a license (the “License”) from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (“AGLC”) and in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulations, AGLC Policy, AGLC Raffle Terms and Conditions, and the terms of the 50/50 Raffle Licensee Agreement between the 50/50 Licensee and 5050 Central, LTD. (the “Service Provider”).
2. Date and Location of Draw(s): At Northlands Coliseum located at 7424 118 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, during each of the 2017 Canadian Finals Rodeo events listed in the Licensee (the “50/50 Licensed Event(s)”). Nov 8: 9:30 pm; Nov 9: 9:30pm; Nov 10: 9:30pm; Nov 11: 3:00pm & 9:30 pm; Nov 12: 2:46 pm
3. Rules: These are the official 50/50 Raffle Rules and are available upon request.
4. Eligibility: Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Service Provider, and members of the Board of Directors, Board of Governors, employees and volunteers of each of the 50/50 Licensee, the Canadian Pro Rodeo Association and the Edmonton Rodeo Cowboys Benevolent Foundation, and members of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or a member of the household of any of the above persons are NOT eligible to participate (defined as purchase tickets or receive prizes) in the 50/50 Raffle. Each ticket sold shall be eligible to participate in each draw conducted under the authority of the License.
5. Minor Children: AGLC requests that ticket sellers advise adult ticket purchasers not to give their ticket to a person under the age of eighteen (18) years as required by the Public Trustees Act.
6. Tickets: Ticket pricing shall be:
i. Regular: Five dollars ($5.00) for one (1) ticket
ii. Discount 1: Ten dollars ($10.00) for three (3) tickets
iii. Discount 2: Twenty dollars ($20.00) for ten (10) tickets
7. No Refunds: All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason.
8. The Draw: A ticket stub containing the ticket serial number of each sold ticket shall be placed in a draw container. The Draw will take place during the barrel racing event, being the 2nd last event of each 50/50 Licensed Event in the Count Room of Northlands Coliseum.
The Draw shall be conducted as follows:
(a) One ticket will be manually drawn at random (the “Draw”) to win the Prize;
(b) At least one (1) executive member of the 50/50 Licensee and one (1) member of the public who is not a member of the 50/50 Licensee, shall be present to witness each Draw;
(c) The Draw can be made by any person who does not own a ticket or share of a ticket in the Draw;
(d) The arm of the person making the Draw must be “bare” of clothing below the elbow, he/she must exhibit his/her Draw arm and both sides of his/her open hand to the Draw witnesses immediately prior to making the Draw;
(e) Only the person making the Draw may put their arm/hand in the Draw container. When selecting a winning ticket, the person making the Draw shall look away from the container;
(f) Winning ticket shall be immediately exhibited to the Draw witnesses and held open for inspection; and
(g) The 50/50 Licensee shall videotape the Draw.
9. Winner Notifications: The winning ticket number will be announced over the public address system in the Northlands Coliseum after the barrel racing event, being the 2nd last event of each of the 50/50 Licensed Events. In the case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number appearing on the drawn ticket, the actual number appearing on the drawn ticket will be considered to be the valid winning ticket. The holder of the winning ticket will have thirty (30) minutes (actual time not event time) from the time of the announcement to present the winning ticket to the 50/50 Licensee representative at the North Information Booth on the main concourse of Northlands Coliseum near Section 116.
(a) Should a Prize be unclaimed during the time allotted, the Prize will be forfeited. In the event the Prize is unclaimed by the ticket holder, the Prize shall be cumulatively added to the Prize of the next 50/50 Licensed Event in 2017.
(b) On the day of the last 50/50 Licensed Event in 2017, the holder of the ticket drawn will have twenty-four (24) hours (actual time not event time) from the time of the announcement to present the winning ticket to the 50/50 Licensee representative at the North Information Booth on the main concourse of Northlands Coliseum near Section 116 during the 50/50 Licensed Event or after the 50/50 Licensed Event at the 4th Floor Administration, Edmonton EXPO Centre, 7300 – 116 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5B 4X5.
(c) In the event the Prize is not claimed for the last 50/50 Licensed Event, the 50/50 Licensee shall add the Prize to the first 50/50 raffle of the 2018 CFR (only with approval from AGLC).
10. The Prize: In each Raffle the Prize will be 50% of the gross revenue from all tickets sold. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the 50/50 Licensee’s sole discretion. The Prize shall be paid by cheque from the 50/50 Licensee. The designated 50/50 ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming the Prize.
Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering tickets are subject to prosecution. A 50/50 Raffle ticket will be void and a Prize not paid/redeemed if there is proof that the ticket was stolen, not issued, ineligible, altered, counterfeit, defective, printed in duplicate, or printed/produced in error. The Service Provider and the 50/50 Licensee are not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or tickets redeemed in error by their agents. All tickets, transactions and winners associated with the 50/50 Raffle are subject to the rules, regulations and procedures put in place by the 50/50 licensee and the lawful charges thereof.
If more than one (1) 50/50 Raffle ticket containing the winning ticket number is presented, the winning ticket will be deemed to be the original ticket and not the ticket(s) containing the word “reprinted ticket” (the “Reprinted Ticket”). If a Reprinted Ticket is present and no original ticket is also presented, then the Reprinted Ticket will be deemed to be the winning ticket.
11. Cancellation: The 50/50 Licensee may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Raffle, subject to the prior approval of AGLC. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the 50/50 Licensee reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice, if the 50/50 Licensee determines that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity or the Raffle.
Contact Information: Complaints, comments or concerns should be address to the 2017 Canadian Finals Rodeo 50/50 Raffle Chairperson, Fran Lucas 780.471.7192 or firstname.lastname@example.org